Services and Supports for Students with ADHD

Students with ADHD whose school performance is significantly impacted by their ADHD may be entitled to services and supports under two federal laws: (1) IDEA and (2) Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. If the team feels that a student may be in need of special education, they should make a referral for an evaluation under IDEA. However, many students with ADHD don't need a special education evaluation or qualify for special education. Instead, they should be considered for a Section 504 Plan evaluation, as described below.

Was this article helpful?

0 0
ADHD Helping Your Anxious Child Audio

ADHD Helping Your Anxious Child Audio

Has Your Child Been Diagnosed With ADHD Is Coping With Your Child's Behavior Wearing You Out Are You Tired of Searching For Answers An ADHD child does not have to have a dark cloud over his or her head. If You've Got Burning Questions About ADHD, I've Got Answers.

Get My Free Audio Book

Post a comment