1. Morris ME. Movement disorders in people with Parkinson disease: a model for physical therapy. Phys Ther 2000; 80:578-597.
2. Turnbull G. Clinics in Physical Therapy: Physical Therapy Management of Parkinson's Disease. New York: Churchill Livingstone, 1992.
3. Ellis T, de Goede CJ, Feldman RG, Wolters EC, Kwakkel G, Wagenaar RC. Efficacy of a physical therapy program in patients with Parkinson's disease: a randomized controlled trial. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2005; 86:626-632.
4. Stankovic I. The effect of physical therapy on balance of patients with Parkinson's disease. Int J Rehabil Res 2004; 27:53-57.
5. Schenkman M, Cutson TM, Kuchibhatla M, et al. Exercise to improve spinal flexibility and function for people with Parkinson's isease: a randomized, controlled trial. J Am Geriatr Soc 1998; 46:1207—1216.
6. Gage H, Storey L. Rehabilitation for Parkinson's disease: a systematic review of available evidence. Clin Rehabil 2004; 18:463-482.
9. WHO: International Classification of Impairments, Disabilities, and Handicaps: A Manual of Classification Relating to the Consequences of Disease. Geneva, Switzerland, World Health Organization, 1980.
11. O'Sullivan S, Schmitz T. Physical Rehabilitation Assessment and Treatment. 3rd ed. Philadelphia FA: Davis Company, 1994.
12. Visser M, Marinus J, Bloem B, Kisjes H, van cen Berg B, van Hilten J. Clinical tests for the evaluation of postural instability in patients with Parkinson's disease. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2003; 84:1669-1674.
13. Nutt JG, Hammerstad JP, Gancher ST. Parkinson's Disease: 100 Maxims. London: Edward Arnold, 1992.
14. Crepeau EB, Cohn ES, Boyt Schell BA (eds.). Willard and Spackman's Occupational Therapy. 10th ed.. Lippincott, Williams, & Wilkins: Philadelphia, 2003.
15. Hirsch MA, Toole T, Maitland CG, Rider RA. The effect of balance training and high-intensity resistance training on persons with idiopathic Parkinson's disease. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2003; 84:1109-1117.
16. Pohl M, Rockstroh G, Ruckriem S, Mrass G, Mehrholz J. Immediate effects of speed-dependent treadmill training on gait parameters in early Parkinson's disease. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2003; 84:1760-1766.
17. Wade DT, Gage H, Owen C, Trend P, Grossmith C, Kaye J. Multidisciplinary rehabilitation for people with Parkinson's disease: a randomized controlled study. J Neurol Neu-rosurg Psychiatry 2003; 74:158-162.
18. Deane KH, Jones D, Playford ED, Ben-Shiomo Y, Clarke CE. Physiotherapy versus placebo or no intervention in Parkinson's disease. Cochrane Database Systematic Rev 2001; 1.
19. Deane KH, Jones D, Ellis-Hill C, Playford ED, Ben-Shiomo Y. Physiotherapy for Parkinson's disease. Cochrane Database Systematic Rev 2001; 1.
20. Begg C, Cho M, Eastwood S, et al. Improving the quality of reporting of randomized controlled trials. The CONSORT statement. JAMA1996; 276:637-639.
Was this article helpful?