1. IARC. GLOBOCAN 2002. Cancer incidence, mortality and prevalence worldwide (2002 estimates). 2006 accessed (http:// www-dep.iarc.fr/).
2. Seidman JD, Russell P, Kurman RJ: Surface epithelial tumors of the ovary. In Kurman RJ (ed): Blaustein's Pathology of the Female
Genital Tract, 5th ed. New York: Springer Verlag, 2002, p 791.
3. Scully RE: International Histological Classification of Tumuors: Histological Typing of Ovarian Tumuors. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1999.
4. Scully RE: World Health Organization International Histological Classification of Tumours. New York: Springer, 1999.
5. Reedy M, Gallion H, Fowler JM, et al: Contribution of BRCA1 and BRCA2 to familial ovarian cancer: a gynecologic oncology group study. Gynecol Oncol 85:255-259, 2002.
6. Pal T, Permuth-Wey J, Betts JA, et al: BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations account for a large proportion of ovarian carcinoma cases. Cancer 104:2807-2816, 2005.
7. Pecorelli S, Creasman WT, Petterson F, et al: FIGO annual report on the results of treatment in gynaecological cancer. J Epid Biostat 3:75-102, 1998.
8. Hunter RW, Alexander ND, Soutter WP: Meta-analysis of surgery in advanced ovarian carcinoma: is maximum cytoreductive surgery an independent determinant of prognosis? Am J Obstet Gynecol 166:504-511, 1992.
9. Bristow RE, Tomacruz RS, Armstrong DK, et al: Survival effect of maximal cytoreductive surgery for advanced ovarian carcinoma during the platinum era: a meta-analysis. J Clin Oncol 20:12481259, 2002.
Robert E. Bristow, MD Deborah K. Armstrong, MD
Was this article helpful?
Learning About 10 Ways Fight Off Cancer Can Have Amazing Benefits For Your Life The Best Tips On How To Keep This Killer At Bay Discovering that you or a loved one has cancer can be utterly terrifying. All the same, once you comprehend the causes of cancer and learn how to reverse those causes, you or your loved one may have more than a fighting chance of beating out cancer.