• A concoction of aniseeds is a carminative, an antiseptic, a diuretic, and a digestive, and a folk remedy for insomnia and constipation.
• Aniseed oil increases pulmonary resistance in bronchopulmonary congestion.
• Anethole, the active component of aniseed oil, increases intestinal motility.
• The essential oil of aniseed exerts antifungicidal and antibacterial activities.
• An aqueous extract of aniseed exhibited a weak in vitro cytotoxic activity against melanoma cells.
Was this article helpful?