1. Nuts, seeds, currants and Santalum kernels contained a high proportion of unsaturated fatty acid, of which 18:2n-6 was the most abundant PUFA, with lesser amounts of 18:3n-3.
2. The Boraginaceae, Scrophulariaceae, Onagraceae, Ranunculaceae, and Ribes berries families contained relatively high levels of 18:3n-6.
3. The Ribes berries and Boraginaceae families contained 18:4n-3.
4. T. kirilowii Maxim and pomegranate seed contained relatively high CLNA.
5. Santalum kernels contained ximenynic acid.
Was this article helpful?
Acai, Maqui And Many Other Popular Berries That Will Change Your Life And Health. Berries have been demonstrated to be some of the healthiest foods on the planet. Each month or so it seems fresh research is being brought out and new berries are being exposed and analyzed for their health giving attributes.