• The class of phytochemicals identified in Moringa oleifera seed extracts (aqueous and ethanolic) is well documented as antioxidants.
• Moringa oleifera seed has proved an excellent natural coagulant, used traditionally for water purification, and studies support its benefits over synthetic coagulants.
• Moringa oleifera seed extract provides protection against toxic metal induced oxidative stress by virtue of its chelation and antioxidant properties.
• Moringa oleifera seed extract has a high ferric reducing antioxidant power value, which is known to exhibit high scavenging activity.
• The high phenolic content, ascorbic acid, and isothiocynate derivatives in Moringa oleifera seed extract contribute to protection against inflammatory diseases, directly or indirectly.
• The cancer-preventive effects of Moringa oleifera seed extract relate to its activity in modulating biotransformation enzymes to facilitate detoxification.
• Moringa oleifera seed extract shows pronounced antimicrobial and hepatoprotective potential.
• Phytochemicals in Moringa oleifera may provide treatment for cardiovascular disorders, owing to their antihypertensive and hypercholesterolemic activities.
Was this article helpful?