• There is increased awareness of the usefulness of GP seed as a spice for foods, and as a potential source of new medicines for a variety of diseases, ranging from inflammation and infections to CNS disorders.
• The discovery of an active compound that blocks COX-2 enzyme more selectively suggests that it might be more tolerable as an anti-inflammatory and analgesic than most conventional NSAIDs.
• As a potent anti-infective agent, GP may offer new medicines for the treatment of tropical diseases, which are one of the most common global health burdens.
• GP may serve as a remedy for the treatment of male erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
• AM seed is generally recognized as safe, as no side effects have been reported from its consumption or usage over the years.
Was this article helpful?