• The custard apple is a small, semi-deciduous fruit tree which is a native of tropical America and the West Indies, but is now widely cultivated throughout the tropics and subtropics.
• The seeds of custard apple have been used as folk medicines worldwide.
• The compounds and extracts of custard apple seeds show interesting pharmacological activities.
• Annonaceous acetogenins, a group of bioactive compounds in the custard apple seeds, show impressive antitumor activity.
• The seeds of custard apple may cause blindness, reduction in movement, and some other adverse effects.
Was this article helpful?