1. Howard's Ringer. (0.12 M NaCl, 0.0015 M CaCl2, 0.005 M KCl (Per liter: 7.2 g NaCl, 0.17 g CaCl2, 0.37 g KCl, pH 7.2, with very dilute HCl) containing Pen/ Strep (AAM, Gibco, Paisley, Scotland).
2. Pair of curved, sharp-pointed scissors.
3. Fine watchmakers' forceps (#5 or 55).
4. Pair of spring scissors (Vannas scissors).
5. Stainless-steel spatula, 5- to 8-mm wide tip.
6. Dissecting microscope with magnification to 50x (minimum), preferably greater and transmitted, and incident illumination, preferably from a cold light source.
7. Whatman 3MM filter paper (Millipore, Southampton, UK).
From: Methods in Molecular Biology, Vol. 97: Molecular Embryology: Methods and Protocols Edited by: P. T. Sharpe and I. Mason © Humana Press Inc., Totowa, NJ
Was this article helpful?