Acid yellow drupaceous fruits eaten raw, dried, or made into breadstuffs. Sometimes in Israeli markets (FAC; TAN; ZOH).
• Arabs and Iraqi Jews apply fruit juice to wounds (X16270941).
• Bedouins drink leaf decoction as lactagogue (X16270941).
• Bedouins (Negev; Sinai) inhale leaf steam for myalgia (X16270941).
• Bedouins of Egypt put leaf cataplasm on abscesses and furuncles, and before retiring, apply to inflamed eyes (BOU).
• Camerounians plaster the plant on ringworm (UPW).
• Dhofari apply crushed leaves to arthritic joints and skin sores (GHA), seeds, fruits, and leaves to bruises (X16270941).
• Ethiopians use the plant as bechic and emollient (UPW).
• Ghanans apply the sap to cuts and wounds (UPW).
• Iraqi and Yemenite Jews use the leaves for hemorrhoids (X16270941).
• Lebanese eat boiled fruits as compote for bronchosis, cough, and tuberculosis (HJP).
• Lebanese take floral tea for fever and use as collyrium (HJP).
• Lebanese take powdered seed with lemon juice for liver ailments (HJP).
• Madagascans use the plant for diarrhea (UPW).
• Mauritanian women use powdered leaves to darken and lengthen the hair (UPW).
• Nigerians around Born take the bark as a slimming medicine (UPW).
• North Africans apply the wood ash, mixed with vinegar, to snakebite (BOU).
• Somali rub dried leaves on skin and wash, as a cleansing detergent (UPW).
Was this article helpful?
Learning About 10 Ways Fight Off Cancer Can Have Amazing Benefits For Your Life The Best Tips On How To Keep This Killer At Bay Discovering that you or a loved one has cancer can be utterly terrifying. All the same, once you comprehend the causes of cancer and learn how to reverse those causes, you or your loved one may have more than a fighting chance of beating out cancer.