Young shoots consumed raw in Egypt, as a potherb elsewhere (e.g., among Albanians in North Italy) (X12203269). Bedouins harvest the oleiferous seed and grind it for food (HJP). Fresh plant suspension 125-600 g per day (VAD). 20-40 g herbs infused 10 minutes per liter of water, 3-5 cups/day (VAD). Decoction of 30 g plant per liter of water, 3-5 cups/day (MPG; VAD).
• Argentines use the juice to treat corns (JLH).
• Europeans take seed powder in wine for stones (WO2).
• Europeans use powdered roots for fistula and gravel (WO2).
• Lebanese eat boiled stems for jaundice (HJP).
• Lebanese take (with dilating herbs such as belladonna) to help pass gall and kidney stones (HJP).
• North Africans consider the seeds anodyne, antilithic, febrifuge, and vulnerary, using the whole plant for malaria and ophthalmia, and the leaves for headache (BOU).
• Portuguese use flowers and leaves as febrifuge and vulnerary, and the roots and fruits as diuretics (MPG).
• Spaniards suggest the plant for anorexia, cold, diabetes, hepatobiliary dyspepsia, hyperglycemia, hyposecretory dyspepsia, flu, and wounds (VAD).
Was this article helpful?
Learning About 10 Ways Fight Off Cancer Can Have Amazing Benefits For Your Life The Best Tips On How To Keep This Killer At Bay Discovering that you or a loved one has cancer can be utterly terrifying. All the same, once you comprehend the causes of cancer and learn how to reverse those causes, you or your loved one may have more than a fighting chance of beating out cancer.