Leaves and shoots eaten raw or cooked, or made into sauce; fruits edible, fresh, dried, as a mustard substitute, or made into a beverage that can be fermented (FAC; FP2; TAN). Ash of plant made into a salt-like powder called kegr. Resin used for chewing gum. Seed fat used like butter (FAC).
• Arabs apply crushed leaves to swellings; dry powdered leaves to blisters and ulcers (GHA).
• Arabs take dried fruits with cloves, ginger, and sugar daily to regulate menstruation (GHA).
• North Africans consider fruits carminative, febrifuge, orexigenic, and stomachic (BOU).
• North Africans take powdered leaves, with honey and millet flour, made into balls. Taken every morning for 40 days for syphilis (BOU).
• Yemeni use frayed twigs effectively as toothbrush (on sale for a dime) (GHA).
Trimethylamine is a gingival stimulant and antidyspeptic and carminative (UPW).
Was this article helpful?
The human body And Todays chemical infested world. Here is a news flash You are not allergic to pollen, pet dander, or whatever it is that makes your body revolt Rather, your body just can not handle that one thing, what ever it is, anymore, due to the massive barrage of toxic chemicals you and everyone else are ingesting every single day.