Finding Help for Your Child with FMS

Law Of Attraction For Kids

Smart Parenting Guide

Get Instant Access

Suppose that you're convinced that your child has fibromyalgia. What's the first step? When deciding where to get help for your child or teen, start with his pediatrician, even though some pediatricians are wary of diagnosing

fibromyalgia in children. If you find that your child's pediatrician is completely unsympathetic and unwilling to seek out the cause of your child's symptoms, you may want to look for another pediatrician. My guidelines for finding a new doctor, in Chapter 7, can be adapted to finding a new pediatrician.

Your child's pediatrician may also decide that the child needs to see another physician. In most cases, the child with FMS-like symptoms should see a pediatric rheumatologist or a pediatric neurologist, specialists experienced with treating joint and muscle disorders, including fibromyalgia, in children. If your child needs to see a pediatric rheumatologist, your pediatrician can provide a referral for that.

A pediatric rheumatologist is a physician trained in medical problems of the joints and soft tissues and who specializes in treating children and adolescents with these problems. Fibromyalgia is a condition that pediatric rheuma-tologists are trained to diagnose and treat.

Was this article helpful?

0 0
Joy Of Modern Parenting Collection

Joy Of Modern Parenting Collection

This is a collection of parenting guides. Within this collection you will find the following titles: Issues, rule and discipline, self esteem and tips plus more.

Get My Free Ebook

Post a comment