This book not only gives you tools to help you to evaluate how overfat you are and what diseases you are at risk for, it gives you a strategic plan to take off the excess fat and keep it off. Here is some of the important fat-loss information you will receive from this book.
1. Changing a relationship with food is not like changing a relationship to drug addiction. I can't tell a person who is morbidly obese, "You'll never be able to eat again for the rest of your life." That's impossible. But in this book I can teach you to transform food from an enemy into an ally by explaining how it works in the body. The food program in The Fat-Burning Bible is not only delicious but will never leave you hungry.
2. People often ask me, "Is all fat bad?" No, it is not. Everyone has to have a certain amount of body fat to survive. But there are healthy and unhealthy body fat percentages. Most important, there are healthy and unhealthy ways for fat to be distributed in the body. A normal man carries his fat above the waist. A normal woman carries hers in the hips and buttocks area. When your fat crosses the line and your body begins to take on the fat pattern of the opposite gender, then you have developed a potentially dangerous configuration known as a reverse fat pattern. This book shows you how to identify that pattern and how to eat in a way that will help burn fat and normalize where you carry your fat weight.
3. Studies have shown that women burn more fat at low to moderate levels of exercise intensity and men at moderate to high levels of exercise intensity. The exercise program in this book is designed to capitalize on these findings to help you boost your metabolism and achieve maximum fat loss for the time invested. During the basic four-week Fat-Burning Metabolic Fitness Exercise Plan, you will be performing 300 minutes of specially designed exercise per week, six days a week. If you wish to capitalize on your newfound metabolic efficiency and fat-burning capacity and lose even more weight, I offer you two more four-week programs that decrease in time but increase in intensity. In the second month, you will only need to exercise for 260 minutes per week, five days per week, and by the third month you will only need 200 minutes four days a week. My maintenance program, which is 150 minutes a week of moderate exercise, will keep you slim for life.
4. If you faithfully follow the Metabolic Fitness Plan, in as little as four weeks you will see a dramatic improvement in your overall appearance. You will lose an average of 14 to 16 pounds of scale weight in one month. For each pound lost, you should lose an average of three-quarters of an inch in your total body measurements. You will drop 0.75 percent of body fat/week. (If you continue into the third month, you will lose 1.5 percent body fat/week.) If you are a woman, you will drop two to three dress sizes in one month. If you are a man, you will see 2 to 4 inches disappear from your waistline.
5. If you choose to go to your doctor and get a lipid profile, you will most likely see an improvement in your total cholesterol, HDL (good cholesterol), triglycerides, and glucose. While heredity plays a part in the lipid profile—for example, high cholesterol runs in some families—studies have shown that people can control approximately 70 percent of hereditary factors through lifestyle.
7. Fifty percent of our children are obese or overweight and a significant number of kids are already experiencing major health problems such as high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, deformities of the hips and knees, asthma, premature puberty, increased triglycerides, high cholesterol, and decreased levels of HDL. When an airplane is in trouble, parents are told to put on their oxygen mask so that they can help their children. The only way that we are going to save our kids is to put on the mask—to take responsibility for developing healthy nutritional and exercise patterns ourselves.
This book will give you powerful strategies to deal with fat accumulation as you age. As fat-related health problems spiral out of control in our society, the knowledge I am offering you here can literally save your life. If you are just beginning to put on fat, it can reverse this dangerous trend and keep you from succumbing to diseases prematurely in your thirties and forties.
Was this article helpful?
Get In Shape, Stay Active, And Start Living A Healthy Life While Balancing Your Work, Home And Family Needs. If you have no time in your day. If you don't know the difference between a barbell and a cowbell. You can find a way to add simple, quick exercises to your daily regimens for a slimmer waistline, increased energy, and a happier life!