This simple questionnaire should help you to understand how metaboli-cally fit you are. If you answer no to all of the questions, you most likely have an efficient metabolism. If you answer yes to three questions, your metabolism is probably only moderately efficient and you would benefit from changing your eating and exercise patterns. If you check off more than three yes answers, your metabolism has probably slowed to the point where you are overfat. Besides changing your eating and exercise patterns, you should consider having a resting metabolic test performed by your physician, especially if you also checked off a significant number of items in the Signs and Symptoms of Hypothyroidism questionnaire in chapter 6.
Fat-Burning Metabolic Fitness Questionnaire
1. Do you go for more than 3/-4 hours without eating?
2. Do you have an excessive buildup of abdominal fat (35 inches for a woman and 40 inches for a man)?
4. Do you feel tired much of the time, especially midmorning and midafternoon?
5. Do you exercise regularly but still find that you are gaining fat weight? □ □
7. If you are a woman, do you have excessive facial hair? □ □
It's never too late to increase your level of metabolic fitness. Since lean muscle tissue is metabolically more active than fat, which basically just sits there, the key is to reduce fat and increase lean muscle. Regardless of your score on the Fat-Burning Metabolic Fitness Questionnaire, the metabolic prescription presented in this book will help you to bring your metabolism up to maximum efficiency.
Was this article helpful?