1. Simons DG, Travell JG, Simons LS: Travell & Simons' myofascial pain and dysfunction—the trigger point manual, Volume 1: Upper half of body, Philadelphia, 1999, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
2. Gunn CC: Gunn approach to the treatment of chronic pain: intramuscular stimulation for myofascial pain of radiculopathy origin, ed 2, Livingstone, 1996, Churchill Edinburgh.
3. Melzack R, Stillwell DM, Fox EJ: Trigger points and acupuncture points for pain: correlations and implications, Pain 3:3-23, 1977.
4. Martin BI, Deyo RA, Mirza SK, et al: Expenditures and health status among adults with back and neck problems, JAMA 299(6):656-664, 2008.
5. Yuan J, Purepong N, Kerr DP, et al: Effectiveness of acupuncture for low back pain: a systemic review. Spine 33(23):E887-900, 2008.
6. Cherkin DC, Sherman KJ, Avins AL, et al: A randomized trial comparing acupuncture, simulated acupuncture and usual care for chronic low back pain, Arch Intern Med 169(9):858—866, 2009.
7. Heiderscheit B, Sherry M: What effect do core strength and stability have on injury prevention and recovery? In MacAuley D, Best T, editors: Evidence-based sports medicine, ed 2, Malden, Mass, 2007 Blackwell Publishing.
S. Fishbain DA, Goldberg M, Steele R, et al: DSM-III diagnosis of patients with myofascial pain syndrome (fbrositis), Arch Phys Med Rehabil 70:433-43S, 19S9.
9. Kraus H: Muscle deficiency. In Rachlin ES, Rachlin IS, editors: Myofascial pain and fibromyalgia, ed 2, St Louis, 2002, Mosby.
10. Bonica JJ: Management of myofascial pain syndromes in general practice, JAMA 732-73S, June 1957.
11. Kraus H, editor: Diagnosis and treatment of muscle pain, Chicago, 19SS, Quintessence.
12. Guyton AC, Hall JE: Textbook of medical physiology, ed 11, Philadelphia, 2006, Saunders, Chap S4.
13. Huang LX: Preface. In Ma YT, Ma M, Cho ZH, Biomedical acupuncture for pain management, an integrative approach, Edinburgh, 2005, Churchill Livingstone.
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.