Special education in private schools

Children in private or religious schools have to be assessed by the home school district for consideration for special education services. If special ed services are deemed necessary, the child needs to be enrolled in her local public school. If the parents do not want to move the child from the private school, they attend a meeting to discuss a Private School Service Plan. This allows for the child to stay in his private school and receive one service equal to about $500 per school year. Examples of these services are speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, or special education teacher consultation. Also, private schools can but are not required to implement accommodations or a 504 Plan.

Was this article helpful?

0 0
Single Parenting Becoming the Best Parent For Your Child

Single Parenting Becoming the Best Parent For Your Child

Parenting is a challenging task. As a single parent, how can you juggle work, parenting, and possibly college studies single handedly and still manage to be an ideal parent for your child? Read the 65-page eBook Single Parenting Becoming The Best Parent For Your Child to find out how. Loaded with tips, it can inspire, empower, and instruct you to successfully face the challenges of parenthood.

Get My Free Ebook

Post a comment