After you have studied this chapter you will be able to:
1. explain what is meant by the term 'ethics'
2. list the factors that contribute to professional behaviour
3. explain why safety and hygiene are important to the therapist
4. discuss the factors to consider when preparing the working area
5. prepare the working area
6. discuss the important factors to consider when selecting a massage couch
7. prepare a massage couch for treatment
8. discuss the procedure for preparing the working trolley
9. prepare the working trolley
10. explain the importance of having a selection of massage lubricants on the trolley
11. give the factors that contribute to high standards of personal hygiene
12. discuss the psychological preparation for massage
13. explain how you would prepare and position a client for massage
14. prepare and position a client for massage
15. discuss the importance and purpose of detailed consultation
16. carry out a detailed consultation
17. recognise the importance of keeping accurate records of every procedure
18. list the essential information required on a record card
19. design a record card for use in massage
20. list the contra-indications to massage
21. recognise the conditions where medical advice must be sought
22. identify conditions where extra care must be taken
23. recognise the importance of explaining and agreeing the treatment plan with the client including the purpose, long-term objective, time scale and cost.
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.