After you have studied this chapter you will be able to:
1. list the four main groups of massage
2. list the manipulations that belong to each group
3. explain the differences between effleurage and stroking
4. describe the techniques of effleurage and stroking
5. explain the effects of effleurage and stroking
6. explain when these manipulations may be used
7. perform effleurage manipulations on a client's back or leg
8. perform stroking on a client's back or leg
9. adapt effleurage to suit a variety of clients and conditions
Was this article helpful?
Have You Always Been Curious About Acupuncture, But Were Never Quite Sure Where To Stick The Needles? If you associate acupuncture with needles, pain and weird alternative medicine then you are horribly misinformed about the benefits of the world's oldest form of medicinal treatment.