1. Berwick DM. Escape Fire. Designs for the Future Healthcare. San Fransisco: Jossey-Bass, 2004: 209.
2. Batalden PB, Berwick, DM. Personal conversation, Boston, 1996.
3. Ovretveit J. Integrated quality development in public health care. A comparison of six hospitals' quality programs and a practical theory for quality development. Oslo: Norweigan Medical Associations' Publication series, 1999.
4. Nelson EC, Batalden PB, Godfrey MM. Quality by Design. A Clinical Microsystems Approach. San Fransisco: Jossey-Bass, 2007.
5. Manning FJ, Barondess JA, eds. Changing health care systems and rheumatic disease. Institute of Medicine. Washington D.C.:National Academy Press, 1996
6. Institute of Medicine. To Err is Human: Building a Safer Health System. Washington D.C.: National Academy press, 2000.
7. Institute of Medicine. Crossing the quality chiasm: A new health system for the 21st century. Washington DC: National Academy press, 2001.
8. Berwick DM. 15th Annual National Forum on Quality Improvement in Health Care, "My Right Knee" Plenary, New Orleans, Louisiana, December 4, 2003.
9. Batalden PB, Davidoff F. What is "quality improvement" and how can it transform health care? Qual Safety Healthcare 2007; 16(2):2-3.
10. Batalden, PB, Godfrey MM. Personal conversation, Dartmouth, 2006
11. Neuhauser D, McEachern J, Headrick L. Clinical CQI. A Book of Readings. Oakbrook Terrace: Joint Commission, 1995.
12. Nelson EC, Batalden PB, Ryer JC. Clinical Improvement Action Guide. Oakbrook Terrace: Joint Commission, 1998.
13. Langley GI, Nolan KM, Nolan TW, et al. The Improvement Guide. A Practical Approach to Enhancing Organizational Performance. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1996.
14. Batalden PB, Stoltz P. A framework for the continual improvement of health care: building and applying professional and improvement knowledge to test changes in daily work. Joint Commission J Qual Improv 1993; 19(10): 432-52.
15. Deming WE. The new economics—For industry, Government, Education. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1994.
16. Wheeler, DJ. Understanding variation: The key to managing chaos. Knoxville, TN: SPC Press, 1993
17. Brunner HI, Taylor J, Britto MT, et al. Differences in disease outcomes between medicaid and privately insured children: possible health disparities in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 55(3):378-84.
18. Godfrey MM, Nelson EC, Batalden PB. Clinical Microsytems: A Path to Healthcare Excellence. Chicago, IL: American Hospital Association, 2005.
Was this article helpful?
This report may be oh so welcome especially if theres no doctor in the house Take Charge of Your Arthritis Now in less than 5-Minutes the time it takes to make an appointment with your healthcare provider Could you use some help understanding arthritis Maybe a little gentle, bedside manner in your battle for joint pain relief would be great Well, even if you are not sure if arthritis is the issue with you or your friend or loved one.